Dr Joanne Vidich, BHSc CM (Melb) is an acupuncturist and Chinese medicine herbalist registered with The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). She holds a professional membership with Australian Traditional Medicine Society (ATMS). Joanne is a service provider for major Australian public health funds.
Joanne comes from a Malaysian Chinese family background and witnessed the extensive use of Chinese medicine healing practices, including dietary therapies, acupuncture and herbal medicine. Originally trained as an accountant, Joanne decided to pursue a Health Science degree in Chinese medicine after experiencing the successful Chinese medicine treatment of her chronic sinusitis and hormonal acne.
Joanne believes that health and vitality arise from internal harmony between the mind and the physical body. During her professional life, Joanne is mentored by Chinese Medicine practitioners of diverse expertise, in the process gained valuable insights in the management of gynaecology especially infertility and peri-menopausal syndrome, chronic pain, skin problems, depression and anxiety, digestive disorders and fatigue conditions.
In her clinical practice, Joanne combines traditional Chinese methods with mind-calming and consciousness-raising protocols. The holistic approach of simultaneously treating the consciousness, mind and physical body enables sustainable healing from the deepest level. This treatment approach produces excellent therapeutic outcome in the treatment of disorders having their root in chronic stress, dietary irregularity and unchecked lifestyle excesses.
Joanne has a keen interests in the management of:
- Pain: Back pain, sciatica, shoulder and neck pain, tennis elbow, golf elbow, hip pain, knee pain and headache.
- Women’s Health Issues: Pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS), irregular period, painful period, stress and anxiety, insomnia, unexplained infertility, pre-pregnancy care, pregnancy morning sickness, pregnancy carpal tunnel pain and menopausal hot flushes.
- Skin Problems: Allergic eczema, acne and rosacea.
- Digestive Complaints: Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), chronic diarrhea and habitual constipation.
- Addiction Withdrawal: Alcohol detoxification, quit smoking and food cravings.
Joanne is passionate in the Chinese medicine art of healing, and during her professional life, continues to attend training and workshops both in Australia and abroad. Her clinical practice is guided by three knowledge systems:
- A firm believer of acupuncture’s healing energetics in treating emotional pain, Joanne pursued further training from Dr Mikio Sankey, the founder of the Esoteric Acupuncture System, and in 2016 obtained certification in Advanced Esoteric Acupuncture after attending the workshop in Boulder, Colorado.
- To deliver sustainable and rapid relief to painful disorders and common health conditions, Joanne uses the Master Tung’s Acupuncture System, an acupuncture protocol deeply rooted in the Chinese ancient philosophy of meridian flow. In 2012, Joanne completed the training on Tung’s Acupuncture, taught by Dr Wei-Chieh Young Ph.D., a leading authority on Tung’s Acupuncture and a direct-line disciple of the Master himself.
- Joanne is also trained in the Clinical Applications of Classical Chinese Herbal Formulas by Professor Huang Huang from the Nanjing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Through Professor Huang’s rich clinical and research background, Joanne enhanced her her skills in Chinese medicine diagnostics and pattern differentiation. Employing the ‘formula-disease-patient-type‘ approach taught by the Professor, Joanne treats complex disorders through applying time-tested classical formulas to common and modern clinical presentations.
- Bachelor of Health Science, Chinese Medicine (SSNT, Melb), 2010
- The Complete Course of Tung’s Acupuncture – Dr W-C Young – Sydney Aust Mar 2012
- Esoteric Acupuncture Advanced Energy Healing Level 1 – Dr Mikio Sankey – Melb Aust Sept 2013
- Esoteric Acupuncture Advanced Energy Healing Level 2 – Dr Mikio Sankey – Melb Aust Sept 2013
- Clinical Applications of Classical Formulas – Prof Huang Huang – Melb Aust Feb 2014
- Advanced Esoteric Acupuncture – Dr Mikio Sankey – Colorado USA Oct 2016
- Clinical Applications of Classical Formulas – Prof Huang Huang – Melb Aust May 2017