The stimulation on meridian Qi causes integrated therapeutic effect benefiting various systems of the body. Some conditions commonly treated by acupuncture are:
· Pain, both acute and chronic
- Headache, migraine, sciatica, frozen shoulder, arthritis, rheumatism, cervical spondylopathy, knee pain, tennis elbow, lower back pain, tendonitis, temporal-mandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome, whiplash etc.
· Nervous system disorders
- Belle’s palsy, neuralgia, post-stroke paralysis, depression, anxiety, palpitation etc.
· Digestive disorders
- Intestinal wind, stomach ulcers, gastritis, heartburn, indigestion, irritable bowels, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation etc.
· Ear, nose, throat and respiratory disorders
- Hayfever, rhinitis, sinusitis, asthma, shortness of breath etc.
· Circulatory disorders
- Palpitation, angina, edema, numbess and tingling sensations etc.
· Urinary and reproductive disorders
- Bed-wetting, cystitis, hot flushes, period pain, impotence, pelvic inflammation etc.